A new look for the new year

For a while now, I've been aware that my red/black/gray-themed website was not reflective of a romance writer. Probably not surprising when you take into account that it was inspired by the website of a famous action-adventure author... Well, duh.


So I redesigned the sucker.

Perhaps I went a little too far in the other direction? Retro pink, green and gold, like a 1970s Southern wedding theme? Roses and scrolls? Wavy-bottomed header? Ya think?

Ah, well. I'll leave it a while. And if it turns out the new look doesn't resonate with my readers (all ten of you), maybe I'll go back to the red/black/gray theme -- or start all over again with something new? Coral/aqua/cream -- the colors of 1950s melamine dishes? How about the hot pink/teal/plum of the Miami Vice Eighties?

I think I'd rather get back to writing novels. But if you want to sound off on the new look, just click the comment link.

6 comments:

Edgy Inspirational Author said...

I LOVE your new website's look. The flowers are gorgeous and the coloring is perfect!

Miss Pamb said...

I like your new look. Is this replacing 180 degrees?

Connie Chastain said...

Thanks, Michelle. While I was working on the design, I hoped I wasn't moving too far into saccharine territory. I'm glad you like it!

Connie Chastain said...

Pam, 180 is still up as is. This blog is a companion to my author site. I'm glad you like it.

Unknown said...

Connie--was I the one who said your website was too business-like? If so, I do like the new look--it's beautiful, and don't worry, it's not TOO sweet. It's rather sophisticated. I'm here because of the comment you left on my blog about blogs. I agree, we often are talking to other authors, but not all the time. I'm often surprised by someone not in the business who reads and sends an e-mail saying, I bought your book. Well, that's one!
And authors read, too, remember.
I've met so many people through my blog I'd never have come in contact with if I hadn't said something to interest the.
Blogs, too, can be an outlet, a creative expression dying to get out.
And why do Nora and all those others not blog? Well, frankly, because Nora is Nora. She travels the US by air from one appearance to another--that's how she promotes. Oh, to be in such a position!
Good luck with your book with DB. I'll watch. Celia

Connie Chastain said...

Celia, it was somebody else's website you thought was too businesslike. I've just thought for a while that my red and black theme wasn't very romancy. It was inspired by Vince Flynn's old site (since changed), so it would have been more appropriate for an action/adventure series about a government assassin, ha!

I'll keep plugging away until I get the hang of blogging. It'll help, I think, to have a book out that isn't self-published.

Thanks for visiting and commenting.

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!